Thursday, July 9, 2009

couch 2 5K

So i downloaded the iphone app "couch 2 5K". It is basically a program for people who do not exercise ever to prepare to run a 5K in 9 weeks. Which is great because  I really want to run the Race for the Cure on October 18th in the timed 5K so I can get an idea about disney. 

This program kicked my ass!!

I basically warms you up for  5 minutes by walking and then this noise sounds and it says "run now" and you run for about 90 seconds, which doesn't seem long but it is, then you walk again. So it alternates you for the next 25 minutes of the workout. It's crazy!!

But I'm happy I did it. To be honest it is the best work out I've had even though I had to stop before the 30 minutes was up.  I think I'm on the right track!!



No comments:

Post a Comment