Monday, June 6, 2011

A foodie entry

So I do not have a race again until the B10 on June 18th but in an effort to keep up with this I thought some random posts would be fun! I'm a big foodie! I really don't eat much of what I make but I just love cooking, I find it therapeutic! I also love to peruse the internet for awesome food blogs! I've tried a lot from the Pioneer Women, but recently I found, and love, wearenotmartha.com. Last week I found their Mint Chocolate Brownies which are A-mazing, check them out and then make them! Earlier this week they posted a yummy looking recipe for Brie stuffed Turkey meatballs. Since I was thinking ahead I can share with everyone my attempt at this.

Ingredients for mine:


• 1 lb ground turkey
• 1 egg (not pictured)
• about 1/3 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
• sprinkle of Onion powder
• Brie, divided into small cubes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine the turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, and onion powder, into a small mixing bowl. 
Form the ground turkey into small balls and arrange in a baking pan.

Make small indents in the meatballs.
And insert the cubes of Brie into the indent. Then form the meatballs around the brie. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I'm so glad you posted this. I forgot we had talked about it over the weekend. I've seen brie logs (vs. wheels of course) at Trader Joe's before. I wonder if that would be easier to work with for this?

    ReplyDelete