Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hardcore training

So I've been feeling a bit in a rut about my running lately. My mental game has just been seriously off. I decided that I needed a goal and more structure to my "training".

Sidenote: I call it "training" cause there wasn't any. I was doing long runs on Saturday and the occational weekday run and wondering why I was getting slower!

Anywho, I joined the Howard County Striders and signed up for their "Next Step Program". It is half/full marathon training. This was the best $55 I've spent. I look forward to Tuesday nights becuase there is a coach there pushing me. I log hours all week becuase I know someone is watching my totals and will nag me if I don't make it, and I'm really not a fan of fake excuses.

Lesson from yesterdays session:

coach: we are going to run the 1.5 miles to Lollipop lane and then we will do sprints.

Kim starts on the 1.5 mile run actually looking for a street called Lollipop lane. Come to find out it is just a dead-end road, haha road, I mean HILL in the shape of a lollipop. You job up to the 1 mile mark and then SPRINT up the HILL and use the down as a recovery. Although I actually liked the sprinting and the hill work I did not really enjoy the 1.5 mile run back after all of this. But I know I'm doing the right thing because I always leave feeling so awesome! I wish I could push myself like that on a daily basis.


So onward to my goal of running the Mickey Marathon in January 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment