Thursday, May 27, 2010

2 days 30 miles

So this past weekend I suited up with Stephanie and Kyle and walked somewhere in the ballpark of 30 miles. I was happy to be doing this cause it supports a cause I believe in finding a cure for MS. I could however, have delt without the dorm beds.

Day 1: A bright, sunny, and warm 17 miles. The first 10 miles were decent, miles 11 and 12 were straight highway with now cover, sunny and HOT!! At mile 12 they had lunch set-up, we grabbed a quick turkey wrap and got on the bus so it could take us to the last 5 miles. These turned out to be the worst miles. After a 5 minute bus ride we were stiff and didn't really want to keep going. But we pushed along and finished 10, 11, & 12.

Day 2: Was, after day 1, an easy 10 miles. So we started trucking and finished in about 2 hours. This walk was seriously dull. On back roads through farm land. No animals but lots of growing corn stalks.

So all in all I leaned that I'm not ready to do 26 miles in a row and the 2nd day really isn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment