Saturday, August 1, 2009

Stupid Cold

Just when I get back into the swing of things I get knocked down by this crazy head cold. I think running might not be the best idea right now, boo!

I think I may have weak ankles. I'm going to talk to the doctor about it next week when I am there but when I run there is a tight kind of pain in the area of my left ankle. I might try ankle weights to see if that can strengthen them a bit, we will see how it goes.

My last run was 1.66 miles at 18 minutes per mile. Which is slightly because of my ankle starting to hurt about 3/4 of the way into it so I walked the last like 10 minutes. I really want to get up to 15 minutes a mile. I am way to much of an instant gratification kind of person.

I really am disliking my morning route. Hopefully when we move I can find a better route to take! I may head over to the college loop on wed and give running that a whirl but I don't really live in a trail type area. So I primarily run on the sidewalk which all readings and books say is a no no. Maybe I will go try the track at the college gym??

No comments:

Post a Comment