Tuesday, August 11, 2009

8 mies

So Saturday was a great day. I finally met the BWI loopers at the NCR trail. After my usual 3 miles I decided to push myself and I did a full 8 miles. I was wogging for most of it but 8 miles is 8 miles.
The downside to the achievement is it really messed up my ankle. It has been weird since I began running but everything pointed to weak ankles. But this run really took its toll. So I've got it wrapped in a brace and I'm gonna talk to the doctor about it today. I'm also heading to Charm City Run at some point to check out my shoes and get some things figured out.

I signed up for the Celtic Solstice 5-miler yesterday. It is in December and I'm really looking forward to it. It might be my first real race depending on what the DR. says. I'd like to do the MC 10K but I'm afraid I am not fast enough to keep up quite yet, so we'll see.

Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment