Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gearing up for Goofy

Ok my Goofy Challenge and a half is this coming weekend. Donald Half Marathon on Saturday and Mickey Full Marathon on Sunday. So in honor of this let's take a quick look back at 2011 races

Half Marathons - 4
B&A Trail half - 3:15:47
Maryland Half - 2:59:01
Run for the Dream - 3:17:52
RnR Philly -  3:09:08

10 milers - 2
10K - 2
5K - 4
8K - 1

Total 2011 Races - 13 (not too shabby)


So back to Goofy. Sadly, I did not make my goal of $500 for the MS society. I am short by $80 but that is ok I came pretty freaking close! So as promised here are my dedicated miles! I only received 17 donations so we are going to double up some!

Mile 1 - Kate gets mile 1 for the first donation
Mile 2 - Kae
Mile 3 - Robin
Mile 4 - Matt
Mile 5 - Emica
Mile 6 - 10: The Rodney Family. Thank you all for the donations. You will be getting me through 5!
Mile 11 - Laura B. this one is for you! I'm gonna get you to do a half!!
Mile 12 - Jen H - double donations getting me to 12!
Mile 13 - 15: Kelly & Bob. I will be seeing Kelly at this point.
Mile 16 - 20: Steph C you are going to get me through my toughest miles. Since I can get your voice in my head telling me to keep going!
Mile 21 - Megan - my RP! I will be wishing you were skipping with me at this point
Mile 22 - Jerry & Judy!
Mile 23 - Lou & Peg - I will be pretending you are standing there cheering me on!
Mile 24 - Aunt Debbie! This is for you and Karen!!
Miles 25 & 26 - This is all for you Gina!! Thanks for being an inspiration!!

Wow typing out 26 miles makes it a little more real!! So if you go to rundisney.com you can sign up for tracking to see how I'm doing. Or I have it linked to my Facebook and you can follow there!! Thanks so much to everyone for their love and support through all of this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment